Watch our short video on completing a DIY HR health check for more detail
Carry out your own HR health check
Concentrate on key areas of HR
Book some time in your diary to do it
One of the things we always do with a new client is carry out a HR health check to see whether their procedures are applicable.
You can do this yourself.
Set aside some time to think about the following things:
- When were your contracts and handbooks last reviewed and updated? Legislation changes all the time. Policies do need updating.
- Do you check if your employees have got the right to work in the UK?
- What does your new starter pack look like?
- Do you have employees that drive vehicles? If so, do you have a policy in place for that? Do you check their driving licences?
- Health & Safety – do you have someone that deals with that for you? How do you communicate those important policies to your staff?
- How do you recruit at the moment? How do you make sure recruitment is fair?
- Are you paying your staff equally? Are you making sure you keep on top of national minimum wage? Remember it changes every April.
- How do you reward your staff?
- Are you doing appraisals and dealing with under performance?
- How flexible are you in terms of your workforce?
- How do you communicate important business decision?
- Have you asked your staff recently what they think about working for you?
- Do you conduct exit interviews? What do you do with that information?
- How do you deal with training requests? How do you identify training needs?
- What do you do about employee well-being? How do you make sure your employees have good positive mental health while at work?
So take a bit of time to think about those things today and carry out your own HR health check.
Do you have questions about completing a DIY HR health check?
Give us a call at CUBE HR, we’ll be happy to advise you and we have policies and templates available to meet every HR need.
Why not check out our other blog on the same topic Policies – 3 Things About When You Should Review Them
You can also watch a range of other videos on our YouTube channel